GRV History Page

Rick and Linda Phillips purchased the 150+ acre farm on Weldons Rd in 2000, with intentions of making it a boys school. When those plans got changed, Rick and Linda founded General's Ridge Vineyard in 2001. Rick and Linda Phillips expanded the business to include wine production in 2010 and opened the Somewhere In Time (SIT) Tasting Room in 2011. Rick is a retired, 2-star Major-General from the Marine Corp. There 15 varietals planted in the 30+ acres of mature vines.

We grow:

GRV still sells 75% of the grapes grown on the property, to other wineries in VA and Maryland. The other 25% go into GRV wines. We produce just under 3,000 cases per year.

The tasting room is open Thursday (12-5), Friday (12-6), Saturday (12-6) and Sunday (12-5).

There are 2 B&B's on the property. The first is the restored 1800's farm house, known as "The Manor House." The second is a newly constructed two bedroom cottage called Vineyard Views.

For events, there is the "The Carriage House," which is perfect for wedding receptions or off site business meetings. Please let us know if there is anything else you would like to know.